Thursday, February 1, 2018

Borrowed Heaven

So much of advice that I give to others sometimes is best really for myself.  Just recently I admonished a friend about creating and having their own blog.  My advice was unsolicited.  😑 

Tonight I realized I sometimes have something to say about this or that.  It is me who needs a blog. Haha. So there it is. So here it is.  I had one years ago under a former name and when the internet was a newborn.  And I've stopped making time for any sort of writing. You have to make time for it I find.

In my family of origin the older siblings were usually "assigned" what they will do later on in life.  "Maria will be in medicine." Kathleen was assigned the role of writer... etc etc.  Let me tell you by the time they get to the 6th child they don't really give a damn. It's "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And before you could speak your answer their attention span as dragged them off. I wonder if the adults at the time realized that they were not only pigeon-holing one, but locking out another.  Whatever it was, I am sure they did not intend to cause a lifetime of second guessing. If you want to draw a picture, draw a picture, if you want to sing then sing. If you want to have finches in the house go to the pet store. Do what your heart is pulling or pushing you to do.  Follow it, follow it, follow it. If you want to prattle on without anyone being inconvenienced, get a blog and those who want to may read it. It's not a career. It's another expression. And I welcome the reader.

And this night I have little to talk about, but I'm grateful for a platform to call my own.


I KNOW WHO I AM.
I KNOW WHAT I AM.
I KNOW HOW I SERVE.
I AM HERE.
I AM HERE.
I AM HERE.

And so it is.



4 comments:

  1. Mimi...now you are inspiring me to take those long neglected walks on the beach in search of feathers! keep it coming! NTJO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never let a beautiful opportunity pass you by. Find a feather.... or be the feather.

    with love from San Diego,
    -Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and suddenly, timestands still, I watch a little feather, as I find it, and hold it between my fingers, and in a time-frozen moment of complete sacred holiness, that this feather is my missing wing

    ReplyDelete
  4. The word "I realize" I forgot to put before "this feather". But hey, without imperfection the loop would not even be moving. Thanks for teaching me to fly, little feather, I love it so much that I hope that I never learn it so we have to fly as one

    ReplyDelete